Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Body getting ready!

Well, not too much news on the babe, but I had a doctor's visit this morning and he said that my cervix was definitely thinned out and very soft, I just haven't dilated yet.  On a comforting note, though, he said that could change in a matter of hours or a matter of days, so I am not going to get my hopes up.  However, I have been having contractions on and off, pretty intermittent now and nothing regular and he said hopefully those get regular soon - agreed!  He said the pelvic/groin pressure will continue to get worse, including the lower back pain, but I am just excited that my body is actually progressing along.  And I have 15 days left until the official day, so whether or not it comes and goes, 15 is a small number, plus, I already got through my 2 toughest days this week schoolwise, so after the weekend, they'll only be 11 days left and that's just crazy!!

Travis saw a P.T. this morning for his hip - I am glad that after this ironman is over he will be cutting back on working out, bc regardless of what the human body is capable of, I don't think it's good to be doing so much that you get hurt often or have to go to the doctor all the time.  It's like a chiropractor addiction.  So he's got less than a month till race day - so we both have a body getting ready for a big event, lol.  He did a super hard swim workout last night and it just blows my mind how much he's improved in the swim and even his stroke, so I wish he hadn't had the running problem and I wish he was able to run better right now, but I'm sure his biking and swimming cardio will pay off during the run too.

Well, that's about it for right now.  I need to get back to grading exams!!  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment