Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hospital pre-term labor scare & 30 week stats

Well, Monday I was having some problems, such as cramping and bleeding that had continued from the night before, so I ended up going into the doctor around 2 pm.  I went to the clinic, where they did several exams (some did not feel good at all, I am not a spectrum fan one bit) and hooked me up to a machine to monitor the contractions and the baby.  Well, sure enough I was having real contractions and my cervix had opened a tiny bit on the bottom side.  Luckily, the baby was 100% fine and had a heart beat of about 152.  However, because I was having cramping, they sent me over to the ob-gyn triage at Chandler Regional for pre-term labor, which are super scary words.  So off to the hospital I went and Travis left work to come and meet me. 

I was hooked up to another fetal and contraction monitor where they confirmed I was having small contractions and uterine distress - we were at the hospital for about 2 hours and then we were cleared to go home. 

I had a follow-up appointment today with my doctor and she said that she was shocked that no one had noticed that I have some sort of infection and inflammation going on and she was pretty sure that my body was cramping up and might have started bleeding in response to the infection.  We'll know the lab results in a couple of days, I'm not having any pain or urinary tract symptoms, so all we can do is wait and pray. 

I did have an ultrasound performed on Monday as well to confirm that the baby was okay, so we did get a few pictures out of that, but again, baby is 100% okay and I am cleared to continue swimming (and walking, of course).   The baby measured at 30 weeks 0 days.  I think he looks like Travis :)

Thank you to everyone for all of the positive thoughts, encouragement, support and prayers - we really appreciate it a lot.  I think God has heard a lot about our baby boy the last few days!  But that's okay - we're continuing to pray for him every day! 

Here are some 30 week stats on the baby:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

1 comment:

  1. Definitely praying for you guys!!

    Glad you are doing better now! Praying for you girl!!

    ReplyDelete