Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Payson, AZ weekend away and 31 week stats

We went to Payson this last weekend (it's about an hour and a half away) for some quality Travis & Holly time.  It was about 10 degrees cooler, 96 degrees, which when you're hiking around is still pretty hot!  There were a lot of people at the Tonto Natural Bridge State Park and I had to laugh a few times when people would give Travis a glare or a comment about letting me hike down to the cavern, lol.  Also, a few times people would be complaining or resting on a bench on the path and as soon as they saw me coming up (or down) they would immediately puff up their chest and stop whining or get off the bench and let me sit down.  And boy oh boy, did I ever need to sit!!  Here are some pics of what we saw:

We hiked down into the gorge.


Posing inside the cavern under the natural bridge.

One of the waterfalls with lots of greenery.

We had a really good time and tried the local pizza, which everyone raves about.  We both had a calzone, super yummy, but pretty heavy.  That didn't stop Travis from wanting to stop by DQ later, though.  I'm glad I just ordered an artic rush (mr. misty).  The only downside to the weekend was the hotel pool.  There are not a lot of options in Payson and after hiking around for a few hours, my back hurt pretty bad, so we decided to put our suits on and go swim in the indoor pool.  After being in the water for about 10 minutes and Travis insisting that there was something smelly in the pool, another guest came down there and said that there was dog crap in the pool!  SICK.  So we obviously jumped out of the pool and ran upstairs and showered and washed out our swim suits.  That ended that.  But my back felt better for a while longer.

Baby updates:

I had another appointment at the doctor today and I don't have to go back for another 2 weeks, Friday the 24th, so I am pretty excited about that!  Everything is looking great, baby is measuring at 31 weeks and his heart beat is 150.  In 2 weeks they will take blood counts to make sure the iron supplement is working and they will be doing another cervical exam as well to make sure that any signs of infection etc are all gone.  The doctor did say that they were trying to be peppy for all of the pregnant women that just made it through the hot summer sun, even though it's September and it's still not over yet, so I told her I appreciated it, but yes, it's definitely a little miserable sometimes.  She recommended trying on maternity support belts for the back pain, otherwise, she will refer me to a physical therapist.  I was almost in tears yesterday afternoon, Tuesdays are a super long day for me at school, though.  I am definitely counting down the Tuesdays, I'll say that much.  

Sleep: minimal now, so I try to rest or take a nap during the day if possible.  Travis has gotten used to me getting up.  Last night I got up 5 times (that's an exception, usually it's 2 or 3), the doctor said the baby's head is down now and I think he is lower than before because I don't have heartburn 1/2 as bad as I did before.  Big plus! 

Baby fat: baby is putting on 1/2 a pound a week and heading into a growth spurt, so I hear/read!  At 31 weeks, he weighs ~3.5 pounds and measures over 16 inches long.

Baby moves & grooves:  all the time!  Sometimes my stomach looks like an ocean wave rippling, with all of the squirming, twisting and turning.

Hope everyone is having a good work week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment