Saturday, August 28, 2010

Over 29 weeks, hanging in there and maybe some baby names??

Hola a todos -

Well, here's a pic of me at 29 weeks, 1 day.  I am also sporting a new wedding ring, my mom loaned it to me, it's a really pretty gold and silver band with 3 little diamonds channel set in the middle.  She wears a larger ring size than I do and with this sweltering heat down here, my fingers have been swelling up! I sometimes envied just the "wedding band" women, so now I am one of them until the end of pregnancy! 

Today Travis and I went to best buy and bought a camcorder bundle that came with a tripod, a memory card and a camcorder bag.  They are 10,000 times smaller than I ever remember.  Then again, I was remembering the actual camcorders with VHS tapes, so I guess I don't get out too much.  We were going to wait a while, but Travis called his friend Mitch that works at best buy corporate and he said it was a good deal and a good camera - so did the reviews :) 

Otherwise, Travis is moving right along in his training - he biked 102 miles this morning.  I used the morning to do 2 loads of laundry, the dishes, pay the bills, do my homework for Monday night, write some role plays for my pragmatics class and prep the food for tonight.  We had pot roast with roasted potatoes and carrots... SO good!  Then we had some chocolate chip cookies and milk for dessert :)  Oh, and we watched the Back-Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez.  Pretty good movie, considering we're having a baby, but nothing amazing. 

We (yes, we) are going through cycles of anxiousness, excitement and nervousness over and over again.  I am trying to not be "bored" with pregnancy, but luckily in my book I read that you may get bored with pregnancy at times, so then I felt a little better.  The baby is definitely kicking like crazy all the time and since I'm carrying low, at times I think he just jumps up and down on my bladder.  Travis keeps telling me that the toilet seat is really getting a work out since I have to pee all the time!  But hey, that means I'm drinking a lot of fluids too, so that's a good thing I tell him. 

And we might be closing in on some baby names.  However, I really did like the name Ashton and then I looked up what Ashton meant and it meant from "ash tree town", which I realized I cared more about the baby's name meaning than I thought I did.  But I found a good book at barnes and noble and I am planning on taking Travis there to look through it with me.  I told him that Maverick meant "slow stupid one" because he seriously still acts like he wants that name, I think he just says that because he knows that I don't like it.  He argued that kids wouldn't know about Tom Cruise by the time they were old enough and I still didn't buy it.  I guess we'll be looking up Maverick for real now. 

Well, the baby is going crazy in there, so time to say chao.  I'm off to do some more homework and Travis is going to watch some tv.  If someone would have told me that grad school meant 10 million more times reading, I probably wouldn't have gone back.  Just kidding, I am actually enjoying my readings, especially in my research methods class, which must be a pregnancy side effect.  But it's a good side effect and I'll take it :)

-Travis, Holly and the baby

No comments:

Post a Comment