Saturday, May 1, 2010

12 weeks! (And bilingual baby Bible!)

From babycenter.com: "Your uterus has grown to the point where your healthcare provider can now feel the top of it (the fundus) low in your abdomen, just above your pubic bone. You may already be into maternity clothes, especially if this isn't your first pregnancy. If you're still fairly small and not yet ready for maternity clothes, you've no doubt noticed that your waist is thickening and that you're more comfortable in loose, less restrictive clothing."

Here's me at 12 weeks - I swear I am not pushing anything out at all, but I will say that I ate more for dinner tonight than usual, so I don't think that's all baby...  I did do some checking though and depending on your size/weight/build, even in your first pregnancy, you can start showing at just 10 weeks.  Still thinking that's more pregnancy bloat than baby/uterus.

And I am actually modeling my old navy maternity shirt and old navy maternity tank top.  I will be bringing the skirt to Peru for sure!  I also have it in black - thanks, Bethany, for the great shopping stores recommendation!  Here's me at 8 weeks, slightly more "scandolously dressed" (not my best pic, lol).  Don't ask me why... 

I went to the Christian bookstore with my aunt and mom the other day and I bought a baby bilingual Bible!  I am super excited about it - it's a board book, here are some pics:

I also bought a "toddler's Bible" b/c it was super cute and they both have good stories and lots of pictures.  The chair that Jim made us in our other post has a built in bookshelf on the back, so that's where I put these 2 books!  The baby is going to love to read!!

Travis and I went and checked out stroller systems tonight at Babies 'R Us!  I am going back with my mom tomorrow to pick up our stroller set.  Travis and I even practiced several times - we are excited about our choice!  It closes with one hand, right away, and it's the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System Stroller - Deco.  It's even the Graco Snugride 32 car seat, which goes up to 32 lbs - which is great as most infant car seats only go up to 22 lbs.  And it's not as heavy and bulky as some people said it would be.  We folded it up and carried it around and everything (obviously, the baby would make the car seat heavier).  Here's a picture of the pattern - I love the dots.  I don't think Travis really cared about the pattern, but he had fun questioning the lady about a lot of things regarding the stroller!
 
Then Travis proceeded to try out all the rocking chairs and ottoman sliders while I decided to feel all the nice fuzzy and velvety blankets.  Then we got a pizza (1/2 taco and 1/2 pineapple from papa murphy's, which was AWESOME!)  I couldn't handle the salsa in the taco, so the pineapple was mine, in case anyone was wondering and we rented Sherlock Holmes.  Not anything like the books at all, but we both really liked the movie.  It was a good night!  We're meeting my aunt and mom for church tomorrow and then going to lunch!  Then I am going to have some phonology fun with Patsy!  But school is almost out and then Patsy and I are off to Peru! 

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment