Sunday, April 25, 2010

A little over 11 weeks!

Well, today was a little bit of a rougher day.  I was definitely really sick this morning and had "saltine time" as Travis likes to call it for a long while.  We had a really yummy dinner over at Patsy (the gal I'll be going to Peru with) and Jim's house last night, but unfortunately, I think it was a little too heavy for me.  The food was really good, though!  However, I literally stayed in bed for a while with tums, water, crackers at my side and a pillow between my legs.  Travis made me bisquick waffles though, so I was able to get one of those down okay. By the way, Patsy and Jim gave us this little kid chair that Jim hand made - super cute and modern.  I dusted it off last night and it's already dusty again today, but that's Arizona for you. 
We also got our first gift off the registry - I set up a babies r us and a target registry just based on what other people had and based on talking to several helpful new moms.  My mom told me to start looking at stroller systems, but of course, I couldn't JUST do that, I just HAD to start a registry and start planning for our new little one that will be here in November!  (Okay, and it's a really good, or maybe bad, distraction from school work and grading).  We'll be updating the clothes once we find out if we will be having a boy or a girl. We got a 4 compartment storage organizer (I LOVE the sage color) and 2 sets of baby hangers!  There are so many reviews and research sites to look at for baby stuff!  Good thing we have lots of friends with babies!
We also went on a tour of the Chandler Regional Hospital Birthing Facility - it's about a 4 - 5 minute drive from here.  The labor, delivery and recovery rooms are really nice and roomy, but after that, you do go to a smaller room.  I forgot to ask how long "recovery" could last, b/c Travis and I were both confused that I would have to go to a different room afterwards.  Oh well, I'll still get to shower and everything in the other room first.  Crazy, crazy!

Oh, and we checked out a few 3 BR apartments yesterday.  We found 2 that we really liked.  1 of which was VERY much out of our price range at $1175/month, but the other one was within our price range, so we'll see.  I think we may end up staying here and I don't think either of us wants to move our stuff anytime soon!  We have to give our notice in June, so right when I get back from Peru, but we'll check into a 6 month lease.  Still think we should buy a house down here b/c they're so cheap, but that wouldn't be the wise thing to do, since we don't know how long we'll be here...

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!  We've been getting a lot of congrats cards and little baby items, which we really appreciate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment