Monday, April 12, 2010

Baby poem inside the frame (creative way to share the news)

Some people have emailed me and asked what the poem said inside the frames that I made for all the (great) grandparents and to Trav's brother and his wife:

Dear Great Grandpa & Grandma Byram,

I do not have a face to see, Or put inside a frame.

I do not have soft cheeks to kiss. I don't yet have a name.

Not yet can you hold my tiny hands, Nor whisper in my ear.

It's still too soon to sing a song, Or cuddle me so near.

But all that will change come next November; When they say I am due.

I am your newest grandchild (or great grandchild or the newest Riley);

And I can't wait until I meet you!

All I ask between now and then is your love for me to grow.

I promise I'll be worth the wait; Just think of all the joy we'll know!

So as you're waiting patiently, Please pray lots of prayers for me.

I cannot wait to be a part Of this wonderful family!

Love, Baby (lastname or nickname, if you would like)

No comments:

Post a Comment