Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our bebé is coming in November!!

Well, we shared our big news and our big blessing a few nights ago!  I made frames for the grandparents and for Aunt Lindz and Uncle Cooper.  We were actually able to tell my parents in person over spring break, which is really nice.  So, here are the ones for my grandma and my mom that I made:
I also had my grandma & grandpa put together a puzzle before we handed out the frames - its says "guess who's arriving on or around November 16th, 2010?  Congrats, grandma and grandpa"  My grandma had no clue what that meant, but my grandpa goes, isn't that around your race time, Travis?  (Thanks, Dad).  So I had to say, yep, so we're having a baby and then my grandma understood.  They were all super excited.  (Our updated and estimated due date is now November 14th, yes, that would be one week before Travis' full ironman here in Tempe, AZ).  It will all work out :)
We waited until after our first ultrasound to tell Travis' family, per his request, and then I put together a box with 4 frames and sent it off to Rick and Karen's house.  I told Karen she had to wait for me to open the box and I had to make up an excuse (we've got that darn 2 hour time difference) until Travis could get home from work as well.  So, she opened the box with us on speakerphone and it was really exciting - we weren't able to tell them face to face because the timing didn't work out last weekend, but this was the next best thing!!  Cooper and Lindz were over there too, so it was really nice. 

We told my aunt Lisa and uncle Marty last night and I actually just handed the envelope with pictures inside of it and she was super excited!! We had a really good dinner and chat with them last night - uncle Marty even said a really special prayer for the baby before dinner and it was really sweet and special.  I don't know how to scan the pictures in, well, I don't work somewhere where I could do that now, so we'll show them to people in person.

Anyway, I just would like to say that yes, this was all planned out and yes, you can get pregnant right away (and some people do take the average 6 mths to a year).  Travis actually said, "I want people to know that it was planned, we Rileys do things the right way", LOL.  So, there you have it.  No missed pill or oops baby over here, lol.  All joking aside, we are so blessed by God's little miracle and are super excited to add another member to the family.  We are still trying to adjust to the shock of it all, though. 

Travis came to my first ultrasound (U/S) appointment and it was very funny (for him) and very exciting (for us).  It was a vaginal U/S since we were only 8 wks 4 days at the time and Travis had no idea what actually went on at those sort of things.  He laughed at the feet stir-ups, he was shocked at the plastic wand that captures the U/S image (and where it went...) and he was almost in pain watching the doctor perform what usually is only performed at a women's annual appointment.  (He was by my head, don't get grossed out or get any weird ideas).  We got a welcome to pregnancy bag and our insurance costs estimated for visits and delivery - I have to admit, the student health insurance through ASU is pretty good.  But I guess they bill separately for U/S and lab work.  Here's our baby "grape" at 9 weeks.
I've been feeling pretty sick, I've only thrown up 3 times, but my favorite foods are potato chips, crackers, bean and cheese burritos and cereal bars.  I lost 2 lbs since my first apptmt.  No worries - I take my pre natal vitamins and an omega 3 supplement every day.  However, Sali Armstrong, one of our bridesmaids is due 2 days after we are!  And Rebekah Chapman, a gal in our small group is due October 17th, so I'm glad that I have people that are right in it with me.  Rebekah said I should be back to normal foods in 2 - 3 weeks, thankfully!!

Otherwise, I am still going to Perú May 15th - June 12th (to Cuzco) by Machu Picchu and the doctor didn't express any concern, but prayers and thoughts are always welcome!

Now that I've written a novel, I'll end our post.  Thank you again for all the prayers, love and support - we are thrilled and so thankful to God for giving us this miracle :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! We are so excited for you - you'll be great parents. It's such an amazing gift!

    - Kyle, Tiff, Jenna & Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again!! And if Travis was freaked about by that then I'm thinking he shouldn't be in the delivery room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!! That is so exciting!! I was waiting for the news:) You guys will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete