Saturday, July 31, 2010

Updates :)

I was just noticing it had been a while since we had updated.  Travis seems to be doing much better and recovering well.  Not sure if it was the heat or not, but he is back to running quickly and biking more and he feels just fine - he has agreed that this will be the last full ironman for a while just because we'll have a little one here soon, but he'll still figure out some races or something for next year.  We usually set the schedule in the fall and we'll probably race switch now, since one person will be watching the baby, but we can always arrange a sitter or daycare for a morning if we both want to do the same race!

Pregnancy wise, we are 25 weeks and 2 days.  I am definitely starting to gain more weight, I am now at almost 15 pounds, when I was just at 9 pounds a few weeks ago.  I have been going to the gym more, but I haven't been doing any heaving lifting.  A lot of fluid comes in the 6th month so I hear, so I'll be talking to my doctor about that next appointment.  They say you're supposed to gain between 25 - 35 pounds and I was on the "very low" end last time, but this time, I think I'll be in the middle range!  I'll probably weigh more than Travis, he's trying to get down a couple more pounds so that he can be faster (rolling my eyes here, give me a break...).  I don't think the difference between 158 and 155 is that big of a deal, but obviously, I am wrong.  And if it is 10, 15, 20 minutes, we're not pro racing here, but I'm probably bitter about weight numbers now and I'm definitely jealous of biking.  Anyway, I have my glucose screening for gestational diabetes at my next apptmt on August 11th.

We are heading out to Des Moines next weekend to visit family, so that'll be fun and a break from the heat!  Although it has been hot here and we've had 76% humidity, which is INSANE for Phoenix!  But then again, it is "monsoon season" down here and 10 minutes of rain can flood places.  We don't really have a great drainage system in place.  Oh, and Lindsey and Karen are throwing my first official shower on Saturday morning, so I am excited for that and to see a bunch of people that morning.  I am also going to bring my pregnancy/baby scrapbook that I've started.  Yes, that's right, I actually started a creative project, it's a miracle.  Hopefully it is finished by the time baby comes and I don't get bored ;)

This is my last week of teaching summer school - it flew by, I can't believe tomorrow is August already!  I feel like the baby will be here super soon.  Once school starts I'll be a lot more busy than I am now, so I would just like to hold on to these days forever...

Well, not too much else.  We've been praying for this little guy everyday and God has been really good to us and we've been staying on our budget, so hopefully we will be done with baby step 3 (fully funded emergency fund of 3 - 6 months expenses) right around the time baby is being born.  And we've already started a baby fund - to open a college 301b fund you need to start with $250 and we are planning on contributing $50 - $75 a month until we can contribute a little more.  Pretty sure college costs aren't decreasing anytime soon.  We've also been able to increase our regular tithing and giving, so that's been really rewarding for us too.  Hopefully we can take on a volunteer project again sometime soon.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

-Travis, Holly y el bebé

No comments:

Post a Comment