Friday, July 16, 2010

23 weeks in, school and training

Wow - 23 weeks.  I feel as though I had a growth spurt over the last few days, well, the baby did, but of course, it shows up in me.  I gained 2 pounds the last 2 days, which puts my total weight gain to 9 1/2 pounds.  My doctor isn't worried about me one bit, she said I am on the very low end, but I am still working out and eating healthy and she said for my body type it was just fine and that I am measuring right on track (a few days early at this point).  Maybe those few days will turn into a week or more by the end ;)  Here's a recent pic of me.  I have to admit, I was reading an article about women/moms that were bored with pregnancy and what they missed about not being pregnant and answers were along the following lines: I miss my in-shape body, I'm not being able to be intimate in certain positions, growing an extra chin (LOL, I totally feel like that now), not being able to bend over or shave and not feeling sexy.  So after I read that, I laughed 1, bc I felt better and 2 bc I think some people really enjoy pregnancy, but others are just okay with it and don't enjoy or not enjoy it.  I also talked to my doctor about that yesterday.  I told her I didn't feel pregnant enough bc I wasn't complaining or being demanding or getting all hormonal on Travis (and believe me, I spent a whole 4 weeks in Peru with one other woman and even she said to me that I wasn't hormonal/demanding or acting very different, and that was at the end of the 1st trimester, beginning of the 2nd), so I just asked why the pregnancy didn't seem to be "affecting" me, other than the whole chest/stomach growth and the peeing all the time.  The doctor told me there are just those people in life that act like every day is hard or have to complain/whine/have look at me/poor me syndrome, which really made me laugh.  Travis told me thank you last night for not "milking" the pregnancy...  hmm... maybe I need to start "milking" this thing.  Well, enough of that, here's my pic at 23 weeks:
The baby's uncle-to-be, Cooper, mentioned that it was a good thing I am posing in front of that bike and that he's gotta start riding soon afterwards.  I am thinking that the Riley men are too obsessed with biking/triathlons a majority of the time, so this baby is going to be a dancer or a dramatist or a painter.  Okay, not really, but soccer and swimming are definitely on the list.  Obviously he'll be going biking with Travis I'm sure as soon as he's able to - little kids love to do what their parents do, so I'm sure he'll want to jump on that bike day 2.  And Travis does want to get a burley and he can pull that baby around all he wants, lol!  Hopefully I'll start biking more again once I am able to, but I definitely have my heart set on a jogging stroller :)

Travis was sick for a while, we're not sure if it was heat exhaustian or valley fever or what, he was just pretty tired and run down, so he took a few days off and he seems to be doing better.  He also finally went to the dentist and got this mouthguard thing he was supposed to get bc of his jaw growth - he has really grinded down his teeth and was in danger of starting to crack them.  He put it off bc it costed $500, but I guess he has needed it for 2 years now and I was shocked when I found out...  so needless to say, I told him to make an appointment.  Buy more bike/triathlon stuff versus health... tough question, I know.  I guess you can still bike and train with cracked or missing teeth, but I don't know how much fun eating would be.  I guess the whole process will take a while, with braces and then a surgery (that sadly isn't covered by insurance) and Travis won't be able to eat solid food for about a month, but health still comes first.

School is going well - I can't believe I've already been teaching for 2 weeks.  It's awesome and I love it.  Except for the disaster student that I have.  I could write a 1000 posts on him and the stuff he tries to pull.  He has been asking absolutely ridiculous questions the last few days trying to pretend he now cares about the class, sorry, dude, you're still failing.  It's just one of those things where he asks about the difference between "from" and "to" (that would be "de" and "a" in Spanish) and other weird stuff that he should've learned in 101.  Not to mention he's married to a Mexican woman who is bilingual...  but I'm not going to go there.  I love the rest of the class and we get to play games, listen to music, watch music videos and learn grammar in a fun way :)  I also got picked to be a part of a special project at the end of the month with fulbright TAs.  I am very excited about that, it will be a great experience.

Well, sorry it had been so long, I kept forgetting to update this thing.  Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment