Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A crib/changer combo, a playard and now an ottoman/glider, oh my!

Well, we had a total blast in Minneapolis this last weekend - but we didn't get to see too many people.  There were some awful storms, literally couldn't see an inch in front of you and even Jayson was a little nervous in the backseat on the way to Mitch-a-palooza.  I got to see Kari and Mark and meet little Allie on Friday and I hung out with Beth and Hopers and Angie most of the weekend and we had a good time!  Bethany and Angie both bought baby Riley some really nice gifts that are very much appreciated (and already put away for good use).  Here is a really cute pic of Hopers that I took, she's so big and running around already!

Travis had fun at Ian's bachelor party all day Saturday, they went on a boat ride, went to the Knox' for an awesome steak dinner, played bocce ball and then went out on the town.  So Travis definitely had a very good weekend, but we came home and went to bed at 7:30 on Sunday and at 8:30 on Monday, which are early times for us! 

And I have been keeping myself busy these last few days!  I put together our crib/changer combo, which is super cool.  I didn't even know it had a hamper and some of the items that it had.  Unfortunately, the hamper and the trundle drawer were a huge pain to put together and the whole thing took me a little over a day (which includes a trip to Lowe's to look for a metal insert that I ended up pounding into the crib... but I'm over that).  And it was worth all the sweating and frustration because it looks great and is easily disassembled (I did have to go back and fix a couple of things as well, but they were easy fixes).  Here is a pic of it in the room: 
And at the end of last week, I put together the playard, which I thought was "hard" at the time bc I couldn't get a couple of the screws to loosen to put the bateries in the vibrating piece or in the music piece.


It has a canopy and an adjustable changer table.  Right now we have it in bassinet mode and it is hanging out in our room.  It is actually very easy to fold and pack up, so I am very impressed with it.  I also put some diapers in the side pockets, why not?  I figure I have a lot more time and energy than I will starting next week and then especially when school starts back up.  And I just noticed that our ottoman/glider got dropped off on the back porch, so now I have another thing to put together tomorrow!  Travis said he was pretty impressed I'm doing this all by myself, but it keeps me busy and hey, I've got time during the day :)

And we are hopefully going to see Eclipse this weekend!  Yes, that's right, I can't wait!!  I'm sure Travis is stoked too!



1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you!! I like your crib and am way impressed you put it all together!

    Hopefully you can see Eclipse this weekend - I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete