Wednesday, June 23, 2010

20 weeks, the halfway point!

Well, tomorrow I have officially made it to the 20 week mark, which is pretty exciting!  Although a lot of the books celebrate this day and act like it's a super big deal, I have never been one of those people to think, great, halfway there, that means only half more to go.  No, I'm not being negative, and I am very grateful for God blessing us with a child and for getting me through this much!  What I mean is, even when I've been running a marathon I've never thought, way to go 13.1 miles in, 13.1 miles left, same thing with swimming.  Although with swimming the mile, they are actually counting every lap or every other lap, so it's hard not to think about that when it's in your face every other flip turn.  This is from last weekend, so a few days over 19 weeks, we take our pics on the weekend, so I'll get an official 20 week pic up soon.



Anyway, so Travis and I are ~20 weeks away from meeting our little baby boy.  We have definitely been going back and forth picking out a name, so it will be good for us to be able to brainstorm another 20 weeks.  Baby is about the length of a banana and about as big as a small cantalope, depending which book you consult. He's around 10 1/2 oz and is 6 1/2 inches long, so he is getting up there!  Fortunately, for the next 4 weeks it says the baby will start packing on the pounds and so will you (but at least I won't be more than doubling my weight!) 



We said goodbye to Rick and Karen on Sunday - we had a really great visit and we will be going to Des Moines at the beginning of August and will be seeing a lot of family, which will be super fun and is something to definitely look forward to!!  I love this little pink shirt from motherhood maternity that I'm wearing in the pic, it says "a little baby grows a long way".  I will admit, before pregnancy I would've thought that the shirt was incredibly cheesy, but now I really like it.  Maybe bc it pretty much says to everyone out there, I am pregnant, not a chub.  Although everyone keeps telling me I look pregnant, I still feel like a chub now.  Not to mention at the gym, when I am lifting, I am definitely off balance when I try to bend over, which isn't any fun.  Also, I am swimming a little less competitively now - I think the whole swimming recommendation is leisurely swimming, not competitively swimming.  So I am sticking to backstroke and breaststroke from here on out. 

Other than that, Travis is still training away for the ironman (I attempt to swim with him, he says my presence helps, but it's probably bc I push him and make him swim harder verbally.  And I don't let him whine about anything.)  I start teaching on July 6th, so that will be nice to make a little extra summer money and to keep me busier.  We are going to MSP early Friday morning for a long weekend, which will be super fun and we'll get to see a lot of people up there!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing well Hol! You look great and hope to see you sometime this weekend!

    Good luck with the baby names :) They are hard!!

    ReplyDelete