Monday, December 14, 2009

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party


We had a great time at the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!! Travis and I hosted the Christmas party at our apartment and invited everyone from our small group. Most people looked pretty normal, though, and there weren't really any ugly sweaters. I'd like to add here, that at Walmart earlier that day, I saw several people wearing ugly Christmas sweaters, but I didn't go up to them and ask if I could have the sweater. No wonder there's a shortage out there - people actually enjoy wearing them out of the house! Anyway, Mary's and my sweater both got pretty stretched out in the washer, but for some reason, we all pulled off the look. Especially Amber & Aaron b/c they looked very polished in their sweaters (they had to run to his Christmas party afterwards, so they needed to look normal)! Everyone brought lots of food, hot wings, chicken noodle soup, meatballs, chips/dip/veggies, and I even made a spice bundt cake (first time attempt using the silicone bakeware I had), which turned out well. I think we all gained about 5 pounds that night. Y-U-M.

After a while, we ended up having basically a girls area and a guys area, which was awesome b/c everyone in our group is pretty open - it's great how well we click. We talked about marriage, sex, having kids, wine and I realized that we, as women, were all basically the same :) We laughed and shared stories and it was a much needed girls' night. Oh, and we all figured out that guys are basically the same. The whole "it starts in the kitchen/women are like crockpots" thing just doesn't register for guys very often, but that's okay, we love them anyway. And if they weren't that way, then we wouldn't have any funny stories to share or roll our eyes at when we're dishing with the girls.

I asked Travis if the guys had a good time and he said they did. He said they talked about food, working out, sports, houses, jobs and other boring guy stuff, so I wasn't as interested. And they talked the whole time, so they must've been having a pretty good time.

At the end of the night, no one realized that it was already a little past 9, and we had gotten together at 5:30. I should've taken more pictures of the whole group, so there would be a face with a name, but they are all awesome people and I am so thankful that we found such an awesome small group. What a great night!! I will take a group picture at a later time!

No comments:

Post a Comment