Monday, December 21, 2009

EventFULL weekend!



This was a busy weekend for both of us! On Friday night we celebrated our own Christmas. I made a surprise dinner for Travis and then we both made banana souffles in little ramekin dishes for dessert. After that we watched some episodes of The Office, season 3, which sadly, we have no more left, but we love that show!
Saturday, Travis had his long run, he ran between 21 and 22 miles, while I went to target and bought groceries and cleaned up a little bit. Then we both went to the gym later, Trav lifted and I worked out and then we both swam for a little bit. Afterwards, we went home to get ready for the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at our Sunday School leader's house (which happened to be super close - in Chandler). There were about 28 people there, so it was a full house. We got into separate groups and made up a jingle (to a Christmas song) for a particular product from a magazine (my group had Rosetta Stone, Trav's group had Skinny Cow). So that was a total blast. And then each couple made a gingerbread house, which was a contest. Travis decided to make the gingerbread house mostly and didn't really let me "play or help", which was fine, I just ate the candy. I'm not too big on making things, so I just talked and ate :) The pic above is Travis holding our gingerbread house - I actually did do the one side of the roof there, with the teddy bear, peppermint, m&m's. Travis' sides all match, mine was a catch-all. Then afterwards came the ugly sweater contest - which Travis won (see pictures below)! So, all in all, a very fun night! We met a lot of couples there and had a great time!

Sunday we woke up and made treats for Sunday School because it was our turn and got ready for church. Future of Forestry was touring their Christmas concert, so we sang Christmas songs the whole time and watched them play - their rendition of "Drummer Boy" was beyond amazing b/c every single one of the group members did something different on a different drum and they had a "drum-off", for lack of a better word. So cool!

I tutored yesterday while Travis rode his bike and then we got ready to go to my aunt's house for a short "Christmas". It was really fun to see Mike and Jasmine b/c I rarely get to see my cousins and of course, my aunt, Lisa, and uncle Marty. We had a great time - even saw their dog jump into the bird feeder to retrieve a ball, which was hysterical.  They got a chiminea for Christmas and we bought them chiminea wood as our gift, so we are looking forward to going back over there for a really big chiminea fire!  And then we had our financial peace class, where we learned all about investments, specifically mutual funds.

So all in all, great weekend, but we both felt very busy and were pretty tired. We tried going to sleep early last night, but we were just way to excited from all the activity. I am going to try and be a little more productive today, but we'll see. I have to at least try to go to the gym to keep up with my studly husband and his physique, but let's not get crazy here. Chau!

                                  Here are some of the other couples and their gingerbread houses.


Travis won the male ugliest sweater, Leah won the female

No comments:

Post a Comment