Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Memories & Service Project Sunday

I found this picture on our computer back from the first time I went with Travis to his grandparents' lakehouse in Iowa.  We also used it on our save the dates for our wedding.  Crazy - it's almost been 2 years on April 5th!!  I'll never forget getting married literally 2 days after busy season was "officially" over.  I say that b/c busy season wrap up and close for jobs in public accounting usually goes farther than the end of March.  This would be audit, not tax, for those that assume that all public accountants/CPAs do tax work.  We did audit work :)  And it was the first day of nice weather on April 5th, then snow hit when we went on our honeymoon!  Talk about God's favor :)

Anyway, not too much else going on around here.  Travis continues to train like crazy.  I continue to attempt to go to the gym more, lol, I'm getting better, but my school schedule is a little unflexible and sometimes I choose Travis over the gym.  Surprise, surprise.  I am trying to get things straightened out with school, the exam team and the committee I am on this semester.  Luckily, I have a professor that walked me through the entire master's/thesis process, which was extremely helpful, so I am excited to get started on that!

Next Sunday at church is service project Sunday!  We are all meeting at the church and singing and then going out into the community, which is going to be a lot of people.  They're doing it at all 4 services!!  The options are to pack food for Haiti, beautify the parks in Chandler, help out on the church grounds or to pass out flyers for Iglesia Vida, which I kind of wanted to do as well, so we'll see where we end up.  I am so excited to be part of a church that actually gets out and serves others!!

Have a good rest of the week, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment