Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Debt paydown, exercise and ONE of the NICEST things Travis has ever said to me

Hola a todos - This is our picture from a very lovely dinner at Solymar's and Jason's house.  It was super fun celebrating a U.S./Puerto Rican dinner with friends from ASU.  What's even more fun, is that typically with each of our get togethers, we always end up putting on music and dancing salsa, machata, cumbia, merengue, etc, and I love it!  Trav is starting to love it too, lol, well, that's what I tell myself...

Anyway, we are so close to paying down our car!!  We only have $3,200 left and even on a salary that is about 58% less than what we made last year, we are staying intense and focused on getting rid of that debt.  We had our last Dave Ramsey class, and we are almost done with baby step 2!!  It is so exciting once you have a financial plan and budget - it has definitely eased some stress and tension between Travis and I.  So we recommend it to everyone!  We are even planning on teaching a class in the late summer at our church!!

In other news, Travis is continuing to be very dedicated and getting up in early hours to go biking and swimming and running.  On Tues and Thurs, I have to be at school by 7:30, which is my excuse for those days, but mostly, I consider myself a day person, which means, I like to be up during the day and that's about it.  But I like to do my homework during the night and I don't mind staying up late to do my homework as long as I get to sleep until 8 the next day.  I am looking forward to being able to run again soon and will hopefully be able to start building up mileage.

The other day Travis said ONE of the NICEST things to me (he says TONS of nice things to me, but this was exceptional) and it made me feel so unbelievably beyond good, that I smile when I think of it.  He said, "I have always wanted to live in a warm place my whole life.  Somewhere I could be outdoors and be outside year round.  I never thought I'd ever be able to do it and I never thought we would actually leave Minnesota.  I thought it would be way too hard and way too much work and we'd never get around to putting a plan into action.  And I have you to thank for that.  Thank you so much for moving us down here.  I love it down here."  Wow, I think I smiled the rest of the day after he said that.  Because I have to admit, one of the main reasons, I "pushed" us to move down here is b/c I knew deep down we both wanted to get out of MN for a while.  At least get away from the weather and just have our own little adventure.  Was it hard?  Umm... yeah, getting our house up to code and facing the failure of it not selling - I can't even quantify or qualify those difficulties.  Was it expensive?  UMMM... gulp, yep, definitely lost a lot of income and moving expenses were over $4,000.  But you know what?  Just to know how incredibly happy we both are down here and how much less stressed we are and how much more time we have for LIFE is absolutely 100% PRICELESS.  Cheesy, but oh so true...

No comments:

Post a Comment