Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trav's race and waiting it out

Can you find Travis?  (Hint: He's got dark hair and is not wearing a cap...)  Anyway, Travis did an open water 4000 meter swim in 1:04, which is awesome!  He has really improved as a swimmer as I've mentioned before and he did very well at this race.  He was a little bummed with his time bc he swam faster in the pool, but there are obvious differences between a pool and the lake (clarity and the flip turn/push off effect).  Here's a great pic of him swimming (this guy here took a step back when I snapped the photo):

Otherwise, not too much else going on here.  We're just waiting.  I have been to the gym, we've gone on walks, I sat on the "birthing" ball (that would be the workout ball), we've tried other methods (no worries, I haven't ingested anything weird), but we've still got 4 days until my due date.  Like I've said, it hasn't been too uncomfortable, but this evening I've been having a lot more back pain.  The end is in sight though.  My friend, Sali, was due the 16th and she had her baby on Friday - Spencer Reid.  He weighed 8 lbs 11 oz, so it's a good thing she didn't have to go another 11 days! 

We had dinner with Travis' uncle, Kevin, the other night, he was in town for a conference.  We went to a nice Mexican restaurant and he even got us a little magnetic toy moose, that I love to pull apart bc it makes a very loud clicking noise that I'm addicted too.  And I wore the same shirt I wore out to dinner with him 2 nights ago and I had to keep pulling it down at the race yesterday, I was shocked!  Look at this stomach:

On the plus side, I made 6 freezer meals today: we have a brown sugar bourbon pork, we have cheesy chicken rice dish, a broccoli chicken rice dish, and 2 more pork dishes and 1 other chicken dish (all with veggies).  I even wrote the directions on the bags, so all Trav or I have to do is pop them in the oven.  And we have a lot of potatoes/green beans with olive oil, salt and pepper in there with directions as well!  Yum!!  So I was pretty proud of myself.  I always wanted to make some meals in advance, but I always pretended I didn't know how to make them and I decided to suck it up and just do it.  And we bought stuff for tacos, chili and enchiladas, all of which are super easy dishes to make.  We probably should've cleaned up the apartment more today, because I'm sure this is our last Sunday as a family of two, but oh well.  Bittersweet...

Well, hopefully my next update will include a beautiful baby boy and some new family of three pics!!  But if not, that's okay... I can't be pregnant forever ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your last few days Holly and Travis! We are excited for you guys and can't wait to hear all about your new adventure. We're living vicariously through you guys and our friends who just had their baby in October. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be thinking and praying for you & travis!! Cant wait to hear the exciting news!!

    ReplyDelete