Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tristan turns 1 (Mom & Dad & Tristan party)

We wanted to have a small Mom/Dad/Son birthday party to celebrate Tristan (and us!) surviving the first year!  It's been a lot of fun and we had fun celebrating with Tristan as well!  Here are the pics:






All smiles


Oh, I can't throw the frosting off my tray as easily as I can my food


Hmm... I don't know if I like this sugary stuff or not.


Definitely more fun to destroy my cupcake!


 Maybe if I shove a bunch in my mouth it will taste better!



Getting clean wasn't very fun, but I think I may get to eat paper here soon!



Way better than the cupcake, I'll chew it open with my teeth!



I love books!!


I'm ready to chew on the paper, Mom & Dad.


Here I go!


This tearing paper off stuff is pretty fun! 


Oh, there's a toy there!


Hmm... I still like the paper.


Yep.  Yummy paper.


Oh, I can climb on the box too, now that the paper went away.


This looks fun!


I love pushing things, this is great!


Okay, Dad, I am sitting on it, now what?


Oh, I move it and ride it.  Nice choice, Mom & Dad!


p.s. Tristan did get very upset, practically hysterical, when his toy (and Dad) disappeared into the other room to put it together.  Luckily, Dad had it put together in a snap!

We had such fun time celebrating our baby, I mean, practically toddler's 1 year birthday.  This celebration was all prior to super bloody mouth number two :( ... which was a result of Tristan having a water bottle in his mouth, tripping and falling flat on his face.  This led to motrin, ice, sucking on a wash cloth and then a much needed trip to Frys, where Tristan got to walk up and down all of the freezer aisles with Dad.  And they both had a blast doing that while Mom had a blast getting the groceries (it's true, I do love grocery shopping, really!)  Travis leaves Monday morning at 8am and won't be back until Thursday afternoon, so Holly is very glad that Grandma B is going to be in town!  Then Nana and Papa get in on Wednesday morning and Aunt Lindz and Uncle Coop arrive Wednesday evening.  Lots of company for Tristan's 1 year birthday party this Saturday, the 12th!  We're going to have an awesome week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment