Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Updates & Tristan turns the big 5 months!

Yikes!  I just noticed it's been a whole month since I updated the blog!  And I never put up Tristan's 4 month post or pics.  Well, as any mom will tell you, the days fly by sometimes and before you know it, your little baby is growing up fast right before your eyes! 








We had an awesome visit with Tristan's Riley grandparents, Rick & Karen this past weekend.  They booked a trip on short notice and we had a great time!  (And we took a lot of pics!)  So I promise not to post a bunch of pics, even though Tristan is quite the cutie pie!  We ended up going to the eye doctor bc I slept in my contacts on our anniversary night (3 years!) ON ACCIDENT, lol!  We went out to Firebird's for our traditional dinner and it was oh, so good!  Tristan really enjoyed playing with his Nana and Papa and he is so much more interactive.  We can't wait to see them again in a month!  Here they are below taking Tristan out while I taught my class online!

In non Tristan related news: Travis has been doing his "crit" races, criterium races.  It's kind of like an indy 500 race, but for cyclists.  That's how our baby-sitter put it and I think it's a good description.  He's been getting better at them and he really enjoys them.  He's also been working a lot more lately on big proposals for aerospace equipment, but he really enjoys his job and seems excited to talk about it.  He doesn't think he'll do any triathlons anytime soon, so that's a bit of a change.  Did I ever mention that one of my college professors said that Travis was "very attractive"?  Tell me about it!  I love this pic with him and Tristan, my precious baby boy and my sexy husband!


I signed up for the "face of fitness" contest (you can vote for me at that link through April 17th) since my mom sent me that email and I thought, why not?  I also have been training for the Seattle marathon, which I am now officially registered for!  For some reason, post baby, I seem to be running a lot faster.  I ran my 13 miler at an average of 8:31, which came out to ~1:51 and that's only a couple minutes slower than my half marathon time I did 5 years ago.  I am working really hard to try and finish my portfolio papers this semester, so I can defend my portfolio, then I would start my thesis prospectus this summer, defend that at the beginning of the fall and then collect my data (pre and post tests) in the fall semester, transcribe and polish everything in the spring semester and then receive my master's in applied linguistics and be DONE!  I am looking to head back into the job market in January 2012 and I'm super excited about it!  The 'ol saying, you don't know what you've got till it's gone is true.  If you are tired of work, go back to school to remember that you didn't really enjoy school that much and you miss the job culture (yes, we all enjoy some parts of school, but it gets old when you have a family). 



We're getting better at balancing things out.  We still need to work on having a date night out, but without family around, you get caught up in pricing it out:  well, it's X dollars for a sitter, X dollars for dinner, X dollars for this, etc. etc. and before you know it, you talked yourself out of it and decide to redbox the evening, lol.  But we are loving every minute with Tristan.  I'll get his 5 month post up soon, so you can all read about what he's doing (besides rolling over in his crib like crazy!). 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Tristan is adorable:)

    We're in the same boat with date night, with no family around it does get expensive...but we think it's still a date even if you're stuck at home:)

    ReplyDelete